The weather here in Oregon has been so strange. The summer got a late start, being cool and wet into July. And now, just days after school has started around here, it is 98 degree out!
I know most bloggers would have posted a frozen yogurt recipe in June, but I’m feeling as unpredictable as the weather.
- 2 cups plain yogurt, not low-fat (I use my homemade yogurt)
- ¾ cup cream (heavy, whipping or my favorite: skimmed from the top of raw milk)
- 1 cup of jam (I used strawberry) or 1 cup of chopped fruit and your preferred sweetener to taste (I'd go with ¼ cup of honey)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Run until desired consistency (chunky or smooth).
- Place in ice-cream maker and wait until frozen.
That’ s it. You now have a frozen yogurt not to be rivaled: sweet, tangy, rich. (My mouth is watering just thinking about it!)
Eat with abandon, knowing in your heart that this treat is healthy enough for breakfast, but decadent enough for a wonderful dessert.
Hmm… healthy enough for breakfast… I wonder how this would be topped with my homemade granola?
I think I’ll find out tomorrow morning.