No time to plan dinner? Why not try my Emergency Minestrone? You probably have just about everything you need in your pantry. Add some sandwiches or a simple salad and call it a meal.
Speaking of salad, instead of bottled dressing, consider making your own vinaigrette. Making your own salad dressing is easier than you might think – and so delicious.
Here’s one that we have been enjoying lately. Toss it with salad greens, feta cheese, sliced red grapes and toasted pecans for a real treat.
- cup extra virgin olive oil
- cup apple cider vinegar (raw & organic, if possible)
- 2 T real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 T poppy seeds
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Tightly cap and shake.
- Pour over salad and toss.
While we are on the subject, I thought I’d let you know I now have links to all my recipes in one place. You’re welcome.