Disclaimer: I am not a big ice-creamer. I like it, but I don’t love it. Ice cream has never sung me a siren song. Instead it hums a tuneless little ditty under it’s frosty breath.
Easy to ignore.
That is until I add a delightfully yummy chocolate shell:
Two ingredients and no* dishes to wash. It really is magic.
- 1¼ cups chocolate, cut from a block or use chips - I use half dark, half milk
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- Place all ingredients into a pint sized mason jar.
- Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Stir/whisk with a fork until smooth and well blended.
- Pour over ice cream. Allow a minute or so to harden.
- Cap leftover Magic Shell. Lick your fork. Dishes are done.
*Heidi does not actually advocate licking your dishes clean, but she won’t judge you if you do.